Games to try from the various Itch.io megabundles.
Megabundles Included for this list: Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality, Indie Bundle for Palestinian Aid, Bundle for Ukraine, Queer Games Bundle 2022, Indie Bundle for Abortion Funds, Worthy of Better, Stronger Together for Reproductive Rights, Türkiye & Syria Earthquake Relief Mega Bundle, Games For Gaza
Recommendations also sourced by other people. Use Bundle Browser to easily look through them all and add them to your library and Mitch for Android games. Or use the itch.io Bundle to Library script to add all the games. A game marked Android doesn't mean it's Android exclusive, just that the bundle purchase comes with the apk. Sometimes your bundle purchase might come with a Steam key, check the download page.
I encourage you to check these games out even if you don't have the bundle. They might also be on other platforms, or be free anyway, or even have Android/iOS versions that don't come with the bundle purchase. Please let me know of anything else I could add in the comments at the bottom.
Celeste Night in the Woods VVVVVV (Android) Super Hexagon (Android) Baba is You A Short Hike Mini Metro Nuclear Throne OneShot Octodad Octodad: Dadliest Catch Oxenfree SUPERHOT Minit Minit Fun Racer Pyre Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! Wandersong Runner3 Kingdom Two Crowns Hypnospace Outlaw
- BREAKER: Fusion of Breakout, Space Invaders and Ikaruga. Android.
- [ENDLESS_OVERDRIVE]: Grungy grid shooter.
- Horizon Vanguard: VR light gun bullet hell.
- Hyper Gauntlet: Legacy of Nozzlethruster III: Super Hexagon like tunnel dodger.
- SOMOS: Minimalist dual-plane avoider.
- WE ARE DOOMED: 2D polygonal twin-stick shooter.
- Planet Diver: Arcadey avoid-em-up.
- Pet the Pup at the Party: First person dog hunting.
- Jumpgrid: Teleporting grid avoider.
- Catlateral Damage (or the Remeowstered edition): Knock everything to the floor. VR support.
- Buck Up And Drive!: Outrun with fighting game inputs. Intensley stupid. Comes with car fighting game mode and pride flag billboard toggle (normal rate by default, all billboards if toggled).
- Antecrypt: Single-stick shooter where your aim moves on it's own.
- Tetromino Chill: A remake of old Flash game Futilitris.
- LOVE and LOVE 2: kuso: Really solid 2D platformers.
- Toree 1 and 2: Really solid 3D platformers.
- Double Cross: Grappling-based 2D platformer wrapped in a mystery.
- Grapple Force Rena: Great grappling-based 2D platformer.
- Bleed 1 and 2: Action shooters. Have style meters.
- Super Win the Game: Retro Metroidvania.
- The King's Bird: Fluid momentum-based 2D platformer.
- Celestial Hacker Girl Jessica: Vapourwave marble-roller.
- Xenogunner: Boss-focused run-and-gunner like Alien Soilder.
- Mobility! Accessible precision platformer: Many options to tweak how it's played.
- Circa Infinity: Arcadey mind-melter.
- They Bleed Pixels: Occult sawblade avoider with one button combat.
- Sundered: Eldritch Edition: Chaotic metroidvania.
- Master Spy: Difficult stealth precision platformer where you have an invisibility cloak.
- Batbarian: Testament of the Primordials: Rich and stuffed Metroidvania.
- Ynglet: Platformer about floating to amoeba spaces. Adaptive music.
- GB Rober: Customizable run n gun.
- Copy Kitty: Great action game about combining your weapons. Lot more in it too. Moddable (See Steam Workshop).
- Gibbon: Beyond the Trees: Hand-drawn platformer about brachiation.
- Pikuniku: Just a wonderful time. Puzzle/exploration.
- Rising Dusk: "Anti-collection" puzzle platformer. Themed after Japanese folklore.
- And Yet It Moves: Award-winning and surreal. Rotate the world.
- WitchWay: Cute open puzzler.
- Blitz Breaker: Can't move, only rocket off in 4 directions.
- The Floor is Jelly: Demorphable terrain and FEZ-like secrets.
- Semblance: You and everything in the world are deformable.
- Elephantasy: Exploratory metroidvania.
- Rusty Lake Hotel: Surreal point-and-click.
- Explobers: Control and blow up multiple characters. Android (Versions for phones and handeld consoles).
- Move 'n' Bloom: Move, push, and match to make flowerbeds. Android.
- Mobius: Mind-benging 2D platformer on a mobius strip.
- Underhero: Hybrid with 2D platformers, Paper Mario inspired.
- Last Word: Conversation battles in one building. RPG Maker.
- Hero Hours Contract: Tactical magical girl unions.
- Long Gone Days: Military RPG about people.
- Furquest: Earthbound-like where the battles are microgames.
- Fortune 499: Turn-based RPG card battles/deckbuilding based on rock-paper-scissors and probability as a fortune teller on the job.
- Crosscode: Action-RPG in a fictional MMO.
- Anodyne: Odd Zelda-like.
- Lenna's Inception: Glitched, randomly-generated Zelda.
- Hidden Folks: Hidden object game.
- Vignettes: Rotating stuff so that the silhouettes look like other things.
- Quadrilateral Cowboy: Cyberpunk hacking with a CLI and gadgets. Moddable (See Steam Workshop).
- GNOG: Puzzle boxes. VR support.
- Beglitched: Match-3 Minesweeper RPG hybrid in a cyberpink (candy cyberpunk) world.
- Golf Peaks: Card-based golf. Android.
- Silicon Zeroes: Zachtronics-like about electronics.
- Windosill: Toybox.
- Parallax: FPS about going between black and white dimensions.
- ETHEREAL: Ambient and abstract.
- Starseed Pilgrim: Part of the puzzle is figuring out the basic mechanics.
- LYNE: Zen. Daily puzzles and live-service elements (nothing egregious though). Android.
- Sidewords: Logic word game.
- The White Door: Point-and-click by the creators of the Cube Escape & Rusty Lake series.
- reky: Logic in a world of elegant and minimalist architecture.
- Polymute: Top-down exploration about transforming into anything.
- inbento: Pattern match bento boxes, see a story about a cat family. Android.
- Micron: A beat is created as you solve the puzzle.
- Ungrounded: Grow trees that mutate based on their ancestors to reach the sun.
- Puzlogic: Looseley like Sudoku.
- Mighty Milton and the Marvelous Mastermind's Maze: Meta puzzle RPG.
- Ultra Hat Dimension: Hat manipulation with level editor.
- Mixolumia: Styled and musically reactive like Tetris Effect and Lumines. Moddable.
- CROSSNIQ+: Y2K-styled action puzzler based more on combos than on setups.
- EAT GIRL: Surrealist Pac Man.
- Pushamo: PICO-8 block cleaner.
- Gunhouse: Puzzle tower defense. Android.
- Backbone: Post-noir raccoon.
- 2064: Read Only Memories: Choice-based point and click.
- forma.8: Exploration-focused Metroidvania.
- Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy!: Comedy handdrawn point-and-click. HD remake of a freeware classic.
- Jam and the Mystery of the Mysteriously Spooky Mansion: Goofy point-and-click about figuring out what the crime is.
- Figment: Musical action-adventure within a mind.
Shoot-em-ups and bullet hell
- Imperishable Memories: Hand drawn sidescroller with FMV cutscenes.
- Rym 9000: Extremely intense visuals.
- ZeroRanger: Evolving and mysterious.
- Switch 'N' Shoot: One button. Android.
- Task Force Kampas: High-intensity randomized levels.
- Flashover MegaSector: Done in the style of old browser games.
- 10S: Bullet hell tennis.
- Soundodger+: Rhythm bullet avoider.
- Soft Body: Dual-stick bullet heaven.
- Risk System: Gain firepower by flying close to bullets.
- Blast Rush: Infinite bombs. Android.
- Demonizer: Transfrom enemies into ally demons. Android.
- Dimension Drive: Shooter on 2 screens at once.
- Zone of Lacryma: Risk based adjustable speed mechanic. More focus on story.
- Central Limit Theorem: Missile Command with more adaptive enemies.
- Midnight Ultra: Grindhouse lo-bit FPS.
- Penance: Old-school FPS.
- SUPER IS HOT: SUPERHOT x Baba is You.
- MidBoss: Turn-based and about posessing enemies. Run results can be exported as card PNGs.
- Heavy Bullets: FPS with limited, recollectable ammo.
- nullpointer: Vertical FPS with a sextuple-jump.
- Haque: Glitch fantasy.
- Loot Rascals: Hex-and-cards game with asynchronous multiplayer throughout runs.
- Gutwhale: Finite 2D arenas with only one bullet.
- Luck be a Landlord: Deckbuilder with a slot machine instead of cards.
- Gun Rounds: Turn-based shooter.
- BEACON: Mutate your DNA to change your playstyle.
- Sky Rogue: Aerial dogfighting. Moddable (See Steam Workshop).
- Receiver: Realistic gun handling and unordered storytelling.
- NEXT JUMP: Shmup Tactics: Turn based shoot em up.
- Not Actually A DOS Game: It just looks like one.
- Cursed to Golf (Early Access Alpha): 2D golf rougelike.
- Froggy's Battle: A frog on a skateboard in a loop, battling monsters.
Experiences, Narratives, and Walking Sims
- STRAWBERRY CUBES: Glitchy exploration platformer.
- Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor: Bittersweet anti-adventure.
- Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist: From the creators of The Stanley Parable.
- Interactivity: The Interactive Experience: Featuring The Button.
- A Mortician's Tale: Semi-educational game about the death industry.
- Wide Ocean Big Jacket: Short camping trip.
- Secret Little Haven: 1999-era anime fandoms, OS, and internet simulator. Trans narrative.
- Dujanah: Claymation/mixed media surrealist comedy on imperialist occupation.
- ART SQOOL: Art making for an AI with an environment for inspiration.
- Welcome to Elk: Fictional island about true stories.
- Astrologaster: Comedy about being an unlicensed medical professional.
- Online Simulator: Dark comedy psychosexual mystery.
- PAGAN: Autogeny: Set in a dead MMORPG.
- KIDS: Interactive animation about crowds.
- A Paradox Between Worlds: Expanded Edition: Text adventure about fandoms and internet melodrama.
- The Space Between: Surreal horror about the walls between us.
- Oikospiel Book 1: Odd game with multiple playable animals.
- One Night Stand: An awkward situation.
- If Not Us: 5 awful heroes doomed to die.
- EXTREME MEATPUNKS FOREVER: Visual Novel with some basic combat. VERY gay narrative.
- Islands: Non-Places: Surreal little dioramas.
- Far From Noise: Philosophical meditation on the edge of a cliff.
- The Stillness of the Wind: Very slow farming sim.
- Dépanneur Nocturne: Single sitting gift searching. Freely and diegetically switch between English and Québec French.
- Magic Wand: A "narrative JRPG".
- Highway Blossoms: Remastered: Girls love visual novel.
- Tender: Creature Comforts: A tale of connection told though alien Tinder.
- Hypnagogia 無限の夢 Boundless Dreams: Low-poly first person exploration adventure.
- Celestial Correspondence: Angelic OS.
- Utopias: Navigating Without Coordinates: Nine imagined utopias, each by a different person.
- 10 Beautiful Postcards: Flatgame. A bunch of little explorable vignettes.
- A NIGHTMARE'S TRIP: Short visual novel about a nightmare creature on vacation.
- Un Pas Fragile: Short story about a frog's journey to be a ballet dancer. IGF 2017 Best Student Game Winner and Honorable Mention for Visual Arts.
- Arcade Spirits: Romance VN at an arcade in an alternate timeline.
- Arcade Spirits: The New Challengers: Sequel that can import decisions from the previous game. Also features the ability to create your own rival.
- Fatum Betula: Low-poly horror about a strange world. One decision with many endings.
- NUTS: Field surveillance and tracking of strange squirrels.
- Daemon Detective Racing Zero: Drift to boost off the track edge to leap into the air, then get more boost for landing. Also you can still drift in the air. Zero-G.
- VEKTOR 2089: Top-down 2D Wipeout-like where the analog stick steers and accelerates.
- Botolo: Territory control fighter-like.
- Rebop Blasters: Jazz Dragon Ball Z.
- Witchball: Combination racing and Pong where the ball goes accross the split screen.
- TowerFall: Ascension with Dark World Expansion: Ouya classic from the creators of Celeste.
- WaveCrash!!: Panel de Pon with parries.
- Chambara: Black-and-white first-person stealth battles.
- BADBLOOD: Split-screen hide-and-seek.
- Feud: Turn-based chess-esque strategy. Cross-platform. Android.
- Shoot Shoot Mega Pack: 4 types of head-to-head shooters.
- 12 orbits: One button games for 12 people on one device/controller.
- Wand Wars: Top down Lethal League with many modes and bullet hell bosses/powerups. Good menu feel and lush pixel art.
- Dragon Drop: Basically an expanded version of Checkerboard Chase from Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards.
- Double Turn: Wrestling party brawler.
- Tic Tac Together: Team-based tic-tac-toe. Joinable with phones.
- Hyper Gunsport: Volleyball with guns as a fighting game. Expanded version of a former Stadia exclusive.
- LAZA KNITEZ!!: 360 degree space jousting. Former Ouya game now sells for $100 after 5 years of being 98% off.
- Muddledash: 2D racing platformer.
Games might also come with PC installers as an alternative to emulation or flashcarts.
- Micro Mages (NES): Cooperative tower climber.
- TANGLEWOOD (SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive): Platformer about guiding a creature home.
- Leggite Luta Livre (NES): Arcade alien beat-em-up.
- Oopi's Quest (NES): Sokoban-like.
- Down the Oubliette (Playdate): Tower defense dungeon crawler.
- Fish'n Feathers (Playdate): Arcadey catcher inspired by Bird & Beans.
- T Minus (Playdate): Countdown timer.
- Rocket Bytes (Playdate): Precision Lunar Lander-style platformer.
- Waternet (Playdate): Port of the pipe-based puzzle game.
- Spookware: Like if modern Paper Mario had Warioware microgames. Only lightly spooky.
- Glittermitten Grove: Fairy management sim. Keep going up or down to reveal something game-changing (spoilers): It's actually Sebt Senpgvbaf 3.
- 2000:1: A Space Felony, Or: How I Came To Value My Life And Murder Mercilessly: Comedy murder mystery.
- Fit For A King: Comedy old-school-style graphical adventure. Marry and execute anything.
- The Hex: Genre mashup narrative from the creator of Pony Island and Inscryption.
- Knightmare Tower: Flash upgrader.
- Democratic Socialism Simulator: Reigns-style.
- Heartbreak HighL A Break-Up Simulator: Reverse dating sim on playing minigames to break up.
- A Dance of Fire and Ice: One button rhythm game.
- Jotun: Valhalla Edition: Hand-drawn boss rush soulslike.
- Cloud Gardens: Chill post-apocalyptic plant growing.
- NO THING: Vapourwave autorunner.
- Indiepocalypse #4: Some games with a zine.
- Interstellaria: Real-time space exploration.
- Neon Struct: Stealth immersive sim. Moddable (See Steam Workshop).
- The Missing Locksmith: Alternate reality game in a zip file.
- Figment: Neopets-inspired fantasy pet webgame. Actually some goodies and an alpha key for the game.
- Ollie and Bollie: Outdoor Estate: Autumnal sandbox by Sokpop.
- Pixel Session Vol.1: 5 small games in PICO-8.
- FutureGrind: Futuristic stunt platformer.
- BRKÖUT: Breakout with a horror tinge.
- Don't Move: Joke about player retention. Android.
- Signs of the Sojourner: Narrative deck-builder about communication.
- Mu Cartographer: Use an abstract machine to hunt treasure.
- Throw Cubes into Brick Towers To Collapse Them: Physics sandbox.
- Hacknet: Hacking simulator. Moddable (See Steam Workshop).
- UNBEATABLE [white label]: Rock rhythm game. Side-story to the full game.
- Dorfromantik (Prototype): Single player Carcassone.
- The Captain's Log: 15-minute resource manager with atmosphere.
- Hive Time: Strategic beehive builder.
- Klang 2: Combat rhythm game.
- Butterflies Episode 1 And 2: Getting Up: Jet Set Radio Future like.
- A Planet Of Mine: Lightweight 4X and city builder.
- SkateBIRD: Tiny Tony Hawk.
- Gladiabots: Program your robots before they battle.
- Metamorphabet: Fun, interactive letters.
- Calico: Cat café themed community sim.
- Attrition: Dice based Advance Wars like.
- Crescent Loom: Biologistically realistic Spore.
- WikiArena: Wikipedia-powered game. Android.
- Teenage Blob: Genere-bending adventure synced to an original album. Comes with the OST.
- Galaxy Trader: Short open-world space trading RPG. Android.
- Evolution: Build creatures and watch them evolve and complete tasks with a neural network and a genetic algorithm.
- Bombing!!: A Graffiti Sandbox: Open world graffiti simulator.
- NEUROCRACY 2.049: Sci-fi mystery within an alternative Wikipedia.
- Mysteries Under Lake Ophelia: Low-poly horror fishing.
- Apple Quest Monsters DX: A manual/strategy guide for a fictional game.
- The Twine® Grimoire, Vol. 1 and 2: Guides to Twine.
- Bart vs. My Hopes & Dreams: Retrospective on Simpsons games.
- good writers are perverts: A writing tip/manifesto.
- Paradise Killer Art Works: Game has a fantastic aesthetic.
- Okay, Hero: Essays on Metal Gear Solid.
Tabletop Games and RPGs
- Steamed Hams: One-page comedy about stupid solutions to problems.
- Dragon and Warrior: Based on old-school JRPGs. Drawing is a key mechanic.
- Lancer Core Book: First Edition: Gritty mechs.
- Blades in the Dark: Famous Powered by the Apocalypse gothic RPG.
- This Discord Has Ghosts in It: Exploring a haunted Discord.
- FIST: Ultra Edition: Paranormal mercenaries in the Cold War.
- FISHT - Fishing Intel: Sinker, Hook & Tackle: Adds fishing mechanics and a mission to the above.
- Operation: Cat Chat: Game about lonliness played with your actual cat.
- Tape: Project management.
- PICO-8: Famous fantasy console.
- PQ93: Another fantasy console.
- Drum Brain: Play and record songs with rhythm game peripherals.
- DragonRuby Game Toolkit: Tiny cross-platform game framework.
- Electric Zine Maker: Easily make and print zines.
- Cyberpet Graveyard: Desktop pets and an explorable world in the file explorer.
- Mnemonic MV: Text shrinker and summarizer.
- Sophie's Dice: Dice simulator for all situations.
- JRNL: Minimal and feature-filled daily journal.
- RP-8: Minimalist and retro synth.
- SMP: Basic retro-styled audio player.
- Pocket platformer: Create simple platformers in a Bitsy-like interface.
- Calico: Interactive fiction engone for web games, powered by ink.
- Desktop Goose: Mischievous desktop pet inspired by Untitled Goose Game.
- Desktop Meadow: Turn Windows into a greenhouse, complete with mail between users.
- FroggieChat Deluxe: PictoChat for Windows and Android. Deluxe version adds more colors.
- Gravity Typist: Every keypress piles up and blocks your screen. Comes with explosions.
- Sound Typist: Adds audio to keystrokes.
- Textreme 2: Animated and juicy text editor.
- Electric Love Potato (Two Point OH!): Desktop pet potato.
OSTs for Super Meat Boy!, The Binding of Isaac, Desktop Dungeons, Mixolumia, Grindstone, Slime-San Arcade Music, UNBEATABLE: DEMO TAPES (for [white label]), Wilmot's Warehouse.
Suggest more in the comments!